At your Cusco hotel, greet your private guide and board an air-conditioned coach destined for the ancient archaeological site of Ollantaytambo. During the journey, you’ll receive an introduction to Ollantaytambo’s former prosperity from your guide. On arrival at Ollantaytambo, embark on a guided tour of its Inca ruins: marvel at well-preserved features such as the Temple of the Sun and Manyaraqui Square — believed to be a place of water worship. Hear about the town’s former infrastructure and how Inca monarch, Pachacutec, conquered the surrounding lands. Then, embark on a 3-hour hike to Pinkuilluna Mountain — from whose summit you’ll see colossal stone building presumed to be agricultural reservoirs. See, too, a stone face that looks over Ollantaytambo and learn about the ancient Inca traditions that current residents of Ollantaytambo adhere to. Your private tour concludes with drop-off at your Cusco hotel.
- Discover the rich scenery and ancient Inca ruins of Ollantaytambo
- Hike to Pinkuilluna Mountain and absorb panoramic vistas
- Learn about the Incan traditions followed by Ollantaytambo’s current residents
- Receive undivided attention from a private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Cusco is included