Our tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at 7:00 a.m. and take you on a 20 minute bus ride just outside of the city to visit Sacsayhuaman. At this former Incan fortress, you will see very impressive Inca stone work, made of incredibly large stones cut and fit with extreme accuracy. It is impossible not to feel the energy of this place! You will then continue your bus ride to other nearby ruins, such as Q’enqo, Pukapukara, and finally Tambomachay.
After you visit the four ruins of Cusco in the early hours of the morning, you will take a bus ride for 40 minutes through the pretty villages surrounding Cusco. Along the way, we will make a stop to marvel at the classic view of the Urubamba River snaking its way through the valley. Your journey continues to the small village of Pisaq, where you can walk through its lively artisan market and have some free time to interact with the townsfolk and to shop for handicrafts and souvenirs.
After visiting the market, we will be taken to explore the Pisaq Ruins. We will continue our scenic journey to Urubamba, the heart of the Sacred Valley, where we will stop for lunch. You will eat a buffet lunch at the town of Urubamba. After lunch, we will take you to the amazing town of Ollantaytambo. Ollantaytambo is a classic Incan city which conserved the traditional urban construction of narrow streets with flowing streams cascading through them. In the upper part of the town, there is an impressive ceremonial centre that was dedicated to the worship of water and a mighty fortress that protected the access point to the lower part of the valley.
On our return to Cusco, we will stop in Chincheros, a town where the local people will give you a fascinating demonstration of how the wool is washed and dyed using native plants and minerals. You will have time in Chincheros for a quick visit the famous church and archeological site before we return to Cusco at about 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Full tourist tickets (boleto turístico 130 soles per person
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart – no casual clothes (i.e. jeans, sportswear, joggers or sneakers)
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A small amount of walking is involved
- We allow children under the age of 5 to be part of the tour at no charge
- How many places will I visit on the tour?
- You visit eight places, not including cathedrals or Qoricanchaor Sun Temple. On this trek, we will focus on the ruins outside the city.
- What time does the tour start and finish?
- It starts at 7 a.m. and finishes at approx 6:30/7 p.m.
- What type of tourist ticket do I need?
You need a full tourist ticket which costs 130 soles.
- The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called “Boleto Turistica del Cusco,” is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley.
- Where do we stop for lunch? Not, included in the tour, but we will stop for lunch in Urubamba.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required