Day 01: Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa
The expedition starts in Cusco where we will pick you up from your hotel or hostel at 4:30am. We will then drive from Cusco to Mollepata and have breakfast (not included) before starting your full day of uphill hiking (19 km). We will make stops on the way to see the beautiful scenery of the valley and by lunch time we will see the snowy peaks of Humantay and Salcantay. After lunch, the trip is continued for 3 to 4 hours and you will notice the scenery changing between each ecological level with streams flowing between them. When we reach the campsite we will be at an altitude of approximately 4000 masl and have finished the 19 km trek for the day. After this long trek, your guide will serve you dinner and everyone will be fast asleep in their tents.
Day 02: Soraypampa – Salkantay Pass – Chaullay
You will be woken up with a warm glass of coca tea served at the door of your tent to start the long day of trekking. After breakfast the sun god will guide us to see the famous snowy mountain of Salcantay smiling down at us. Little by little we will hike uphill until arriving at Soyrococha for a quick break. We will then reach the highest point of Sakcantay Mountain (4600 masl) where the guide will explain the history of the Inca civilization. We will begin the decent to a campground and stop for lunch. After lunch, we continue to descend until reaching the second campsite, Chaullay, where we will stay for the night.
Day 03: Chaullay – La Playa Sayhuyaco – Aguas Calientes
This is the easiest day of trekking because it is a 4 hour downhill hike. We will stop to have lunch at Lluscamayo and you will notice the climate change to warmer weather. This is because we will be in the high jungle known as Ceja de Selva. Here there are many small coffee, coca, and banana plantations and we will hopefully see Peru’s national bird, gallito de las rocks. We will then take a car to Hydroelectric and from there walk 2 hours on the railroad track to Aguas Clientes.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes Pueblo – Machu Picchu – Cusco
After an early breakfast we will arrive at the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu at about 6:15am. We will take advantage of how early we arrive and enjoy the tranquility of having the mountain to ourselves. This guided tour is for approximately 2 hours but you may have up to 6 hours to hike to Machu Picchu Mountain and other peaks depending on when your train leaves. Your guide will take you back in history to when the Incas thrived on the ruins of Machu Picchu. You will also notice an abundance of llamas roaming around. If your are interested in Huayna Picchu Mountain, please plan that with us ahead of time.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- 3 nights accommodation
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Admission ticket
- All activities
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Breakfast on the first morning
- lunch on the last day after machu picchu
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel