Cusco – Huchuyqosqo – Cusco
This excursion involves approximately 8 hours of walking (including rests, lunch and a tour of the archaeological complex), crossing ecological levels such as quechua, suni and puna, with their characteristic flora and fauna.
We leave the city of Cuzco early in the morning, taking the road north towards the Sacred Valley of the Inkas. On the way to the town of Chinchero, we can appreciate the extensive fields of crops, which have been cultivated since ancient times. We travel along one of the Banks of the Piuray lagoon, to the community of Tauca (3762 masl / 12343 ft), where our walk begins.
We arrive at Huchuyqosqo (3688 masl / 12099 ft), where we enjoy our snack-lunch. After a short descent, we begin our tour of the archaeological complex, after which we will descend to the town of Lamay (2938 masl / 9639 ft). Here we will board our transport back to the city of Cuzco.
Transfer back to Cusco with Guide in a private transport.
- hotels in the center
- 5:00 a.m. from Mondays to Sundays
Pick up at hotels before this time.
- 10 a 12 h
- Hotels in the center of Cusco
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Does not include:
- Food and drinks not mentioned
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- A minimum of XX people per booking is required
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women