Day 01: Cusco – Lima Tambo Ruins – Cachora – Chiquisca
The expedition starts when we pick you up at 5am and head towards the village of San Pedro Cachora. We will stop there for breakfast and meet the horses and mules, that will carry all the equipment for the expedition. We will continue our trek to the pass of Capuliyoc, which is a beautiful passage with diverse landscapes, such as the snow-capped mountain of Pedroyoc and the river of Apurimac. We will then descend towards the Chiquisca canyon, where we will set up camp for the night.
Day 02: Chiquisca – Maranpata – Choquequirao Ruins
After breakfast we will begin this day by descending to La Playa Rosalina. Eventually we will cross the Apurimac River, the lowest point of the trek. We will then continue to Marampata, where we will stop to take in the breathtaking views of Choquequirao. We will then listen to a guided tour of the “sister city” of Machu Picchu.
Day 03: Choquequirao Ruins – Maranpata – Chiquisca
We will have an early start to this day and begin by seeing the sunrise over the ruins. We will stop for breakfast and descend to our campsite for the night, Chiquica.
Day 04: Chiquisca – Cachora – Cusco
We will be woken up to the sound of birds chirping and a beautiful scenery. We will then make our way back to Cachora, which will take 5 to 7 hours. Upon arriving, we will be met by our private van that will take us back to Cusco.
- Professional Bilingual guides.
- Hotel pickup
- 3 breakfast, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- 3 nights Camping
- Sleeping mattresses note (if you want hire a comfortable air mattresses it also can be hired from us)
- Cook horseman mules (carry up to 5kg per person mules or porters (they just carry cooking stuff and camping equipment )
- Double occupancy tents
- First Aid kit
- Vegetarian Option or special diet-Free available.
- First breakfast, last dinner .
- Mineral water (boiled water provided with food but you can buy it along the way)
- Sleeping bag ( you can hire from us US$ 20)
- Walking poles (you can hire from us US$ 20)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Original passport and copies (and Student card (ISIC) student card if applicable) green card if you are student
- Travel Insurance card is essential
- Hiking boots, Sandals or Flip Flops
- Water proof jacket, Rain Poncho, T-shirts, Shorts pants, Comfortable trousers, Sun hat, Sun Block
- Sunglasses,Insect repellent 15 % of deet at least – no malaria risk reported, Toilet Paper, Personal Medication, flashlight (it is useful for early mornings), Plasters, Sandals
- Emergency money at least 200- 300 extra soles (USD$120)
- Walking poles (with rubber tips). They can also be rented from us