Day 1 Cusco – Paradise Lodge (bus & hikes)
Begins of to cusco city . On the way you will enjoy highland birds such as the mountain caracara, Puna ibis and Andean flicker, as well as pre-Incan Lupacas burial towers before arriving at the picturesque colonial town of Paucartambo.
Once you pass through Acjanaco Pass , the official entrance of Manu National Park. The road descends through important, sparsely vegetated Andean grassland ecosystem before reaching the cloud forest in the afternoon. This area is a wealth of flora and fauna; it is the habitat of cock-of-the-rock (national bird of Peru), crested and golden quetzals, blue-crowned motmot, gray breasted mountain toucan, butterflies, ferns and orchids.
Day 2 Paradise Lodge
After your first night in the cloud forest, you will enjoy a pre-breakfast walk into the forest to observe the cock-of the rock perform its daily ritual, in which a group of males puts on a show to attract females. You’ll return to the lodge for a hearty breakfast and spend the rest of the day exploring the surrounding forest at a relaxed pace. Visit local farmers on their pineapple and coca leaf plantations. There will be ample time for bird watching giving you the chance to look for quetzals and motmots, as well as the green jay, paradise, bay headed, orange eared and golden tanagers, in addition to observing fauna and learning about this unique environment. The road to Pillcopata provides birders with the ideal route for short hikes. Our bus is available to you at any time for transport to the area’s principle attractions.
Day 3Paradise Lodge – Cusco (bus)This is the final day in the forest. After breakfast, you will have time to continue relaxing or explore the area before boarding the private bus to return to Cusco. Follow, the now familiar route as far as Paucartambo, from where the route follows the course of the Quencomayo River to Colquepata and over the high pass at Apacheta (4,100 meters/13,448 feet). From here, descend into the famous Sacred Valley of the Incas, stopping along the way to enjoy the countryside dotted with traditional Andean villages inhabited by weavers, shepherds and farmers. You will enjoy spectacular views of Pisac archaeological site before arriving at the local village and continue on to Cusco.
- Specialized bilingual guide
- Accommodation in our private Paradise Lodge in the cloud forest (1 nights) and a typical lodge (1 night)- Total 2 nights
- Private bus transportation
- All meals indicated on the itinerary:
D= dinner (soup, main dish and dessert),
BL= box lunch
- No additional charge for vegetarian diets
- Basic first-aid kit
- Specialized books are available during the trip
- (*) Entrance fees to Manu National Park $75 USD
- Domestic flight tickets and airport taxes
- Personal items and medicines (e.g., gear, clothing, laundry, telephone calls)
- Tips to local staff (we recommend $8-10 USD per day of service per guide or driver)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking